Friday, December 30, 2011

Finally sinking in....

Last night I was in bed before Steve got home. He was visiting with his mom and brought home a bassinet to use for Baby Pierce. I woke up this morning to let Bella out and noticed it sitting in the family room. Seeing the bassinet made being pregnant 100% more real. For whatever reason, even after the ultra sound and hearing the heartbeat, being pregnant doesn't seem real yet. I thought once I heard the heartbeat that would be it. Hearing Baby Pierce's heartbeat was the best noise in the whole world but it just seems weird being pregnant still. I thought it was going to take some movement from the baby or actually getting the pregnant belly but I was wrong. It was the bassinet of all things. Steve said the same thing when I talked to him this morning on the phone. Since the morning, I've pretty much been smiling all day. It's such a cool feeling. :-)

Tomorrow is New Years Eve and Steve and I are having a few friends over. There will be 4 pregnant women over so I won't be the only one not drinking. I can't wait to eat some good food and hang out with friends. I think I'm most excited for my BEST FRIEND Kari to come home and visit tomorrow. She lives in California and I miss her sooooooo much. I can't wait to hangout with her and catch up. We always have a good time and share a lot of laughs. I wish she would just move back to MI. It's going to be hard to say goodbye again. Especially being pregnant, there will be some tears for sure. Dang....already have one in my eye now. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment