Saturday, October 8, 2011

Struggle

Besides our immediate family and friends, most people don't know about the struggles we've been going through to start a family. I was on the depo shot for about 2 years. At the time, that birth control was the best option for me. I never really thought about any long term effects, I just wasn't ready to have a baby. Now that Steve and I have been married for 4 years, we are finally ready to have a family of our own. It's been 13 months now and I'm still not pregnant. Steve and I both did the basic testing to make sure everything was ok. My ultrasound, blood work and physical all came back normal as well as Steve's sperm analysis. So...what is the problem? At this time both my doctor and my specialist aren't sure but we do have a plan. Dr. Dood is having me take Clomid tomorrow, day 3 of my cycle. I will take it for 5 days and then have an ultrasound on day 14. At that time, they will check to see if I produce any eggs. If they see some eggs, I will stay on this dosage for 3-4 months in hopes to become pregnant. If there are no eggs then Dr. Dood will increase the dosage for the next month. I can be on Clomid for a total of 3-4 months and if I'm still not pregnant we will try something different. Dr. Dood is very optimistic that I will become pregnant with the help of Clomid. I pray that this will work because I have been having a horrible time dealing with this. I'm trying to stay strong and not let people know exactly how hard this is on me, especially Steve. I've cried alone a few times because I'm just so frustrated. It's just a lot to deal with and I've dreamed about being a mother for as long as I can remember. Wow....this was a really long post. Tomorrow is a big day for me, more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment